Sometimes just showing up is tough. We all have those days when we want to pull the covers over our head and beg our dream world to let us back in. I know I do, In fact, I had one of those mornings today. Sure, we’ve all heard the line “if you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life”, but even if you are lucky enough to love your job it doesn’t mean you’re enthusiastic and energetic every damn day of the week. My job is rewarding but some days I’d rather sleep in, drink lattes, and do yoga all day…just saying. But I can’t and neither can most of you so here’s some suggestions to remember when you need to bring your best to a day you’d rather fast forward through.
- Exercise in the Morning- Okay, this may sound crazy to some who are struggling to roll out of bed and make it to work but working-out in the morning will give you more energy for the day. It will also give you some time to yourself before you go and give your time to your job. Plus, you may even get to catch the sunrise.
- Eat Breakfast- If nothing else gets you out of bed in the morning then let some warm toast with creamy peanut butter and fresh bananas call your name. You will start to look forward to your mornings if you associate them with delicious foods.
- Write down three motivational quotes- Call me lame but I find when I searchPinterest formotivation in the morning I walk out the door feeling more empowered for the day. Whatever you’re working on, confidence, work ethic, dreaming, overcoming loss, find quotes and write them down.
- “Optimism is the one quality more associated with success and happiness than any other.” – Brain Tracy
- The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. –Amelia Earhart
- Eighty percent of success is showing up. –Woody Allen
- Play music- Put your favorite artist on Pandora in the morning and see if it doesn’t change your mood. Music has the power to impact our emotions so let it in the morning when you need it the most.
- Put on your cutest outfit- You need your best outfit on the days you feel like strutting to work in sweat pants and hoodie. If you feel tired inside don’t show it. If you get up and dress up you’ll feel more confident and set yourself up for a better day.