Happy Tuesday friends, one day down and four more to go!
I don’t know about you but, I’m anxious for the clocks to change this weekend because I’m tired of this dark nonsense in the morning. It is so much harder to get out of bed when the suns not on my schedule #diva. It’s a good thing I had Apple Cinnamon Granola to lure me out of bed this morning because I don’t think I would have gotten out otherwise. But this sweet, crunchy, fruity granola was calling my name so I answered.
Apple Cinnamon Granola
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed pecans
- 1/2 cup cran-raisins
1. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees
2. wash, peel, and slice apples into thin slices and lay them out on a baking sheet with wax paper. Bake them for 2 hours to dehydrate them into apple chips.
3. Mix the rest of the ingredients, except the cran-raisins, together in a bowl until combined.
4. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake in the oven with the apples at 275 for around 2 hours. Be sure to stir the granola every half hour or so to keep it from burning.
5. When the apples are done take them out and crunch them up!
6. When the granola is done, combine it with the apples and the cran-raisins and voolaaa!!!
Let the granola cool for around 20 minutes if you can resist. I’ve been known to burn my tongue #impatient. When you’re done you decide who to share it with I shared with my momma because she paid for the ingredients and she made me!